Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Greasy yellow bites!

At my work place, we have an hour break from six to seven before continuing the night shift. Since my newly met girl friend is heading back home early, I joined Yee, Li and another Chinese friend of him to KLCC for light dinner. I preferred to snack, so i left them buying food at the 5th floor food court and headed to the 3rd floor for Mcd. Got a a large fries and walked back to them. They both saw what i was holding and their faces were aghast.

Before they could bully me out of eating the high calorie (category) food, I explained myself that I DONT mind eating it knowing it is fattening. However to my utter disappointment, that was not the reason they disapproved my choice of food. Yee took few breaths and explained himself that on You Tube, there is this video posted on Mcd Fries which will make you think twice of getting another one next time you are at Mcd. I just gasped ...because I cant seem to understand what more potential harm that it can do to me besides the hydrogenated oil they use to fry it.

Hmmm, so today i went looking for the aforementioned video on You Tube and i found it. DO watch it before continuing to read this post or you will be lost with my lines thereafter. Okay, it is really absurd when someone can think of all these and do an experiment to prove their hypothesis. Looking from the experiment guy's view, it might be true that the fries is just way too hazardous since it is non-biodegradable. Else wise, from my point of view, how if the salt on fries preserved it unlike the other edibles?

We all know salt is a natural preservative, so yeah somehow the outcome contradicts with this theory. One thing for sure, eating Mcd fries or any other junk food will not do any better to our health. Some people might not be bothered with this because they simply eat,drink and do whatever they LIKE(matters) for life is short. So guys, yeah its all up to you. If you beg to differ me on my perception, i hope at least you might try frying potatoes on your own which tastes way better(and of course more healthier).

One more thing, if you believed Mcd Fried can be consumed by vegans, well read this:

Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*), citric acid (preservative), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain color), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil ((may contain one of the following: Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness), dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent). *
CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK (Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients).


Shall i have the greasy yellow bites again? I'm hungry though!

0 shots!:

 
template by suckmylolly.com