Sunday, May 17, 2009

Best Bargain!

As an avid Sunday Star reader, I cannot simply skim the paper because I do not want to miss out any of those well written articles or be like someone who reads only the entertainment or sports section.

Last Sunday, I saw this article which mentioned two warehouse books sales at PJ! I was super excited and pestered my two lovely individuals at home to bring me to at least one of that heavenly place. It was The Big Bad Sale by thebigbadwolfbooks wholesaler :) Mind you, my parents dont like driving around the PJ area and mum just hates to maneuver the car without the slightest idea where the next turn is or which signboard gives the right way. Sitting at the rear seat, and licking away the Wall's Cornetto Sundae, it was just like being on a treasure hunt!

Though at heart, I was rather worried that my hunt will only lead me to lay my hands on the mere left overs, as the sale ends tommorow. So all the what if questions started to float and rise up through my mind like the very hot air balloons and even while enjoying the ice-cream it didnt stop me from hoping the place is still full of hundrerds of books for my indulgence.

Once I was inside the warehouse, my face lit up seeing tons of books and a small crowd which infact made my hunt easier. The place was huge and I was meandering through at first because I dont know where to start! Young and old, mostly Chinese and Indians pondering through hundreds of titles on display and I bet there was almost something for everyone who came. I scurried for almost an hour and half and managed to get hold of hmmm fifty six books which caught my eye and mind. Thanks to my mum who kept rushing me up, the number was smaller. Or else I would have sat there the whole day with the cardboard boxes which is failing to hold all those books.

Quickly I sorted the books to the genre's and reread the short write up about each of the book and the critics review. After much hesitation and evaluation, I chose TEN precious ones. With just RM50 in my pocket and having ten books laid out in front of my eyes, I looked at mum. The angel asked me to pick all and paid for the rest. TADAAA she did it again........I would say she was the one who inspired me into reading and she actually found some books of her like and purchased it too.

TEN BOOKS = RM80 dont ya think its the best bargain one can get? Wait till you see the titles I purchased...

and the only non-fiction:

Amazing right? I cant complain of boredom anymore thanks to this reads!

Read this on ''How do warehouse book sales manage to offer titles at such low prices? And why can’t we have those prices every day?''

Ps: Sorry, I can never write tersely!

0 shots!:

 
template by suckmylolly.com