Monday, February 2, 2009

True Sportsmen

Initially this was not what i wanted to post today but unexpectedly I glimpsed this on ESPN as my brother annoyingly switched to ESPN when mum and me were watching the Indian drama ; Kolangal.
That was then i saw the news of Rafael Nadal who won his first Australian's Open against the match with Roger Federer. I do watch tennis sometimes so this really caught my attention.
For those of you who have not watched the trophy presentation ceremony, i would persuade you to do so. During this ceremony, the defeated RF weeps in front of the throng because he could not take the loss.I certainly felt sorry for him because for someone who has gained much popularity and fame it will be hard to react in such circumstances.
If you watch the full video, you will come to see and hear Rafael seems taken aback on how sad is his counterpart.The overwhelming part was to see how he managed to be so humble towards his win. I cant say more please watch it and feel for yourself.Well done to both men!
true sportsmen represent: grace in defeat, humility in victory, and
respect to fellow players, fans and journalists alike.

0 shots!:

 
template by suckmylolly.com