Wednesday, June 17, 2009

hello SEGi SJ

Last Friday was disastrous due to the fact that my parents and I finally made our way to SeGi SJ to meet a personnel there to hand in the contract. The lady actually stared at me while I gleefully introduced myself to her like I never met her before. She just jumped on us for not having registered myself earlier as the classes had begun. Wanna know whats the worst part?

I missed the orientation day and the lady gave me a sheet of paper which had the fee structure and I just stared that piece till my eyes were watery. The external examination fee is 16k and besides that I have to bear the registration fee. What they are covering for me is just the amount of 40k only for the tuition fee. FUND it seems..now I completely understand why many don't opt for private colleges. After discussing with SEGi officials where they have advised us over to apply for the PTPTN loan just to pay the external examination fees. I really don't want to make things worst for my parents so I just went along wit the plan.

I was advised to take only 2subjects for this short semester which is called FALL. No choices given, the lady from bursary chose Public Speaking and Introduction to Computer. What a weird choice of subjects that I have to begin with my college year?

Next to the classes. Like any other colleges, it is all air-conditioned and I kinda envy my brother's campus where it is massive which has lush greens around. As for mine, the 11storey building is situated right in front of the busiest road on the USJ 6. I have four classes a week which means I have Tuesday off. Two days for each sub and two sessions of morning and afternoon each.

COMPUTER STUDIES is taught by this nerdy Chinese guy. What more can you ask? A hunk to be associated with computers? When i first entered the class, it really was like walking to a deserted room with only ten people around. I was actually shaking all over because I don't want to be sitting in the wrong room and embarrass myself on the first ever day. After seeing a book lying on the front desk of the room, I sighed myself with relief. I chose to sit beside a Nigerian guy. Hmm, I know most of you are actually wondering if that is a bit scary. Trust me he did look scary with moustache and muscular body. I just managed a smile and asked him on what is the lecturer is up to the past week. When he started to speak to me with a very low tone of voice and a slight accent of the place of his origin, I found him quite shy but knowledgeable. Erhire, is officially my first friend here and I have no regrets till now.

I will tell you why- stay tuned for the next post. Sorry guys, I am travelling too much and it tires me up when I reach home that I don't have time for virtual life. Good day till then =)

2 shots!:

RedAlf said...

hey there, u got a nice blog going on here.

can u tell me whether the orientation day/week has ended??? for segi college

Sai Janane said...

hello RedAlf,

Im so sorry since I couldn't reply you promptly, but well there should be more intakes for SEGi college if I am not mistaken. But well, it depends on what course u'd like to enrol in...

BTW, I am nt able to view ur blog..is it a private one?

 
template by suckmylolly.com