Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wanting more!!!

Last week, while it rained every now and then and there weren't anything interesting to be done at odd hours, I finally read the last few pages of The Bronze Horseman. Actually the reason of my delay to finish it off is because, I reread so many pages countless times. I could not even slightly absorb the weight that each word had on me; the very words Paulina penned to craft the story. I felt I was the happiest person when good things happened to the characters, I felt butterflies in stomach when two of them embraced love in difficult situations, I felt agony and despair when loved ones seem to be gone leaving memories and guilt, I felt hungry(though I ate satisfying meals) and hopeless when they ate oats and breads made of sawdust and even erupted into laughter and giggles when humor was up. Well the last one did raise the eyebrows of my curious father and annoying brother. I really felt like I was not in my room, not in my comfort zone but in the faraway land in Leningrad where the only comfort were Alexander and Tatiana.


Thanks to my cousin, Nirmal, I had the second book. The first half of the book is more to Alexander's diary. If you have not read TBH, then you can still pick this book and understand the story but you may find it inadequate as most of the descriptions were cut short! I think it was written in such way as to make someone remember all that have happened in the previous lot from his perspective. The characters were even more compelling and heart warming! There was so much going on in the second half in the story, I almost forgot I had a life to live in the two days I took to finish reading it. The last page of this second book hints of the third and the last one for this story. BUT, IM TRULY HAPPY THEY ARE GOING BACK home!!!

I cant wait to get the third one........hopefully next month -SIGH- I have to place an order first!

PS: Mahesh is back home. O thank you GOD so much!!! I felt bad I couldn't visit him even though he advised me not to...

0 shots!:

 
template by suckmylolly.com