Friday, March 20, 2009

Training- Day 1 [16th Feb]

I know most of you have been wondering whether I settled in at some place with no PC or the net connection is wrecked as I've been loosing my touch with the surreal world lately. However, without much ado I shall bank in to clear all my debts now!

If you were aware, my first day of training was nothing like I expected. My dad tagged along to send me to the training place just because my mum was feeling insecured. I was already feeling dreadful since Hesh wont be there +sigh+ When i reached the floor, i saw people of my age group queueing up at the reception counter. Bidding bye to dad, I smiled at the lady near the counter who was wearing a micro mini skirt. Seriously, I wondered whether there is a dress code after coming to know that she was one of the HR assistant who will be guiding me towards the enrollment into the company.

When the Chinese guy who was standing in front of me in the line sped off to a room on the far end of the reception counter, my turn came and I was handed the guide book, forms and a name tag and walked to that same room. First glimpse, i saw half of the room was filled with at least a dozen of girls and few boys. I scrambled myself next to this Chinese girl who had a pixie boy hair cut. I sat in silence since she didn't look much approachable. So after going through all the terms and signing wherever I were supposed to, I continued reading Angels and Demons(the last of Brown's so Im reading at a very slow pace) and suddenly my phone vibrated and the screen showed a message from Kartik :p Hmmm a message from K made me feel a bit relaxed since my heart was pulsating, sitting in a room filled with complete strangers...and the jokes he cracked LOL wish I can type out the ARR's oh-so-dam fan's quote!!!

The lady with the micro mini skirt abruptly entered to the room and everyone started to whisper on the same time; so it sounded like whooosh! Then just like the sudden whisper I had to strain my ears to hear the sound of the air-cond machine. She started to break the ice and warmed the room in a matter of second. WOW! Thats how a trained hot executive can make her way with the fantastic people skills she has acquired.

Once the briefing ended, those present for the job were grouped into two according to our campaign. We were handed to a trainer for the next seven days for tutorial and whatsoever. That is when i found new friends and let me tell you they are so NICE and COOL to have around!! After getting to know them, we were briefed on how the job will be, what it requires and the way to work up to the trainer's expectations.

Shortly, the lunch time was up. Few of them stayed in...but i managed to get the girl who sat by my side to have lunch together. So we headed to McD in KL Sentral across the Plaza Sentral since we didn have much time to search for a a nice eatery. I learned she has the same last name as my primary school friend: PING. Ping will be 22 this year, has a twin, and on her last semester's break of the higher diploma which she is pursuing in the field of Psychology at KTAR. Much to our own astonishment, we really got along darn well and understood each other on just meeting an hour ago. We managed to eat only the McChicken bcoz we were busy exchanging questions and answers, so we grabbed the fries back to work. The plastic cup of our fizz drink was half full-GUESS what? we both HATE carbonated drinks.High-Five babe!!

The rest of the day was boring. We never really paid any attention to all the blabbering by my trainer and ending with the exam of the day. WELL, this company which hired me, seems to practice high level of professionalism since they have to maintain their quality amongst the other outbound call centers which is why they pick only the best (OHiGUESSso) and deemed its better to examine us after each of the training session. Those who didn't pass the first time were given another chance and if you are still lagging, then they kick you out with a 24hour notice.

Are you lot wondering what is so exceptional about this TELEMARKETER job?! For god's sake its like any other job, its just that you need to be very courteous to the customers whom you are engaging with and its very different than a customer service one since its outbound. We are required to market insurance products to prominent banks' clients unlike ordinary people who own a Sim card from a network. You get what i mean? Sounds easy? I hope so.

0 shots!:

 
template by suckmylolly.com